Review: My Mute Girlfriend

My Mute Girlfriend by Himanshu Rai
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blurb -

“That day I realized I had lost her forever. I had lost
her smile, her friendship, her voice…
But still, somewhere in my heart, I believed her to be
my girlfriend. My mute girlfriend.”
Rohan is a telecom professional posted in Meerut and misses his
girlfriend from college days, who had stopped interacting with him,
without giving any reason. Although she had always stood by his side
and her eyes reflected immense love, but she remained his mute
girlfriend.
The book opens with an SMS from Vaidehi to Rohan, after five long
years. But before he could reply, his mobile gets damaged and he
wanders in his memories to narrate a story. About how his girlfriend
became his mute girlfriend after the first year of their engineering
college.
My Mute Girlfriend is a true romance story of how Rohan unravels the
answers to why Vaidehi was mute for so long, and how their life is about
to change. But little do they know that the worst is yet to come.
 


My views -

My Mute Girlfriend by Himanshu Rai is an romantic story which I thought as fiction and lately came to know as non fiction. Also this novel was one of good example to the phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover" Because it have more things than what cover and title indicates.

The novel differs from other novels in means of plot, the plot is made way back 1998's from Rohan's first teen school love to college love. What made me to feel the change is way author delivered the characters and their significance clearly. He took me back to the years were no social media's influence people most and he given me opportunity to feel the connection between two souls without any technologies.

The narration was done in first person point of view and been good till end where climax have major twist to the story which adds more emotional to the ship which is already sailing with emotions. The vocabularies used was simple, hence more lucid.

Overall, My Mute Girlfriend will be a quite interesting one to read which I likes to recommend for love story enthusiasts and new budding readers.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why?

The man you know... the journey you don't

Review: BARS and BEATS