Review: BARS and BEATS

BARS and BEATS by Venkat
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb -

Weaving through the glamorous studios, the recording booths and the mixing consoles, this is the story of John-a violinist, and his very close talented technician friend Sundar, who works for the country’s best music composers. 

The immensely talented artists like Rajashekar and Rahim are striving to give their best, but will they be able to hold on to their own spaces and face the challenges thrown by the hidden enemy? 

With changing technology, the problems are also new-fangled. 

The sweat, sleaze, stains, and the inside stories of hard work of the real audio recording world, passing through different periods, come to life through the characters who endeavor to attain success and fame. 

The wretched ones are trying to take advantage of the weak, and an underlying real threat of piracy is looming large on the lives of the entire music industry folk. 
Will the enemy be trapped?


My views -

BARS and BEATS by Venkat, from the title, blurb and cover all were caught my eyes instantly and in a way quite unique also, I feel like it itself reveals the story. I had started the novel with great expectation and it never went down throughout the story.

The story would replicate the music world of the '80s where the author had shown his authenticity towards story and narrated very gripingly with nuances of music. It gave me a retro and nostalgic moment simultaneously. I would say the author made me to dwell into the story where I couldn't guess the story at points.

Making to know and understand the backend of musicians was one of the additional boons of the novel along with making to realize readers about the transformations took place in the musical world over the years was the big success of the author.

Overall, BARS and BEATS is all about the musical journey of two aspiring musicians John, Sundar, Rajashekar and Rahim. I would recommend the novel to everyone, surely it will get you closer to the music.

View all my reviews

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why?

The man you know... the journey you don't