Review: Sniper's Eye

Sniper's Eye by Mainak Dhar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb -

I was out on a date. Everything was perfect… Till that shot… a high-calibre one, no apparent sound. And, the man in front of me fell. A rifle with a suppressor? A sniper in the middle of a Mumbai mall? As the body count mounted, I was soon sucked deeper into the chaos unleashed by that shot. To survive and save those whom I care about, I have to become the man I left behind. I have no choice but to tap into a bloody past that has put me on the terror kill list. I may also have no option but to join hands with the sniper terrorising Mumbai. The problem is that the man has sworn to kill me. In a world where the young and poor kill and die in conflicts started by the old and rich, I and my unlikely companion finally discover the thin line that separates a mere killer from a hero. This is our story…


My views -

Sniper's Eye by Mainak Dhar, is a perfect blend of action, thrill, suspense, political drama, corruption and unpredictable twists and turns. I had already read author's previous novel 03:02, so eventually I had a very high hopes and he satisfied it completely.

This novel gives me such a beautiful experience that almost it's like watching a film because it makes me to visualize things as it is happening in front of me. The book starts with Aaditya Gosh, Ex Major in Indian army and Zoya, his current colleague in GRS International were dating each other during that a person shot in front of his eyes. The heroic activity he did got admired by public over there and he gets into the limelight of national media. From there things started to change his past undisclosed incidents are reopened and his lady and his surroundings get into trouble. Meanwhile to rescue them he gets into a trap made for him.

The story is narrated well and characterization made strongly by which story got more grip, each character had a unique role to play. The usage of simple vocabularies is an additional asset.

Overall, If Sniper's Eye is made into a movie it definitely do wonder as it showcased whole Mumbai through eye of a sniper.

P.S :- Wishing the author a great success to his other books in this series, also I'm eagerly waiting to read them as well.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why?

The man you know... the journey you don't

Review: BARS and BEATS